Aluminium / Curtain walling / Facades / Metal
My client is a very successful profile company whose product range is extensive and offers solutions for both commercial and residential projects. The range of solutions covers windows, entrance doors, sliding and slide folding doors, curtain wall, ground floor treatment and conservatory roofing systems.
Currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Engineer to promote and raise awareness of the company’s Architectural Aluminium brand through technical support and product specification. Be committed to ongoing training and support.
Based in the Technical office, role is to support the Senior Project Engineer with regard to specification of the company’s full project range and advising key decision makers within various organisations. These will primarily be Architects, Designers, Surveyors, Local Authorities and Contractors.
Potential candidates will be required to;
- Complete City and Guilds 2D CAD Level 2 course/examinations.
- Provide advice on product selection
- Seek to interpret client technical specifications/detailed drawings and convert same into tailored specifications.
- Help maintain central record of organisations and contacts whilst monitoring progress using software as supplied by the company’s Systems.
- Respond to incoming commercial enquiries and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Provide clear technical advice/support with regard to company products. Ensure correct company products are specified in preference to competing products and provide reassurances with regard to meeting or exceeding performance standards that may be specified.
- Provide guidance and support with regard to current legislation including relevant British Standards and Building Regulations.
- Provide additional technical information to support specification or as and when requested. This to include Structural, Thermal, Acoustic and wind load information relevant to individual projects.
- Additional information should be provided to include Security, Safety, regulatory and of general design requirement as required and necessary.
- Where identified as necessary, provide CAD details to support specifications.• Help support existing technical team from time to time as required.
Candidates must have a working knowledge of Autocad and ability to produce typical CAD details, be able to assist with the development of construction methods and details critical to consistent performance of fenestration product. Develop and demonstrate knowledge of survey, design, fabrication and installation procedures with regard to the fenestration industry. Develop skills to allow provision of guidance and reassurance to enquirers within the construction environment, e.g. Architects, Surveyors, Planners, Specifiers and Contractors.
It is essential candidates are computer literate; ability to enter data in databases and format documents. Good interpersonal communication skills with a positive driven attitude and an ongoing development with regard to understanding of relevant regulations
For more information or to apply for this role contact Sarah on 01543 897800 quoting reference MM458