Aluminium / Curtain walling / Facades / Metal, PVC – U
£30,000 to £34,000 Per Annum
We have a fantastic opportunity for a CAD Technician to join a successful and established family owned company who have been manufacturing and installing high quality upvc and aluminium windows, doors and conservatories for 30 years.
To be responsible for developing and delivering technical and design solutions to meet customers' expectations in line with project specifications, building regulations, standards, system supplier parameters and job budgets.
• Deliver compliant designs to the Production Manager
• Ensure effective delivery of projects from handover through to completion
• Produce CAD design drawings for manufacturing approval
• Utilise the documented design tracker process throughout the design period.
• Value Engineer specification within approval process to increase profitability
• Produce schedule of Bulk Materials for procurement
• Carry out Production Drawings for 1st Fix & 2nd Fix
• Liaise with clients throughout the Design Stage of each project
• Completion of site/fixings list
• Create BOM Sheets for each individual project
• Completion of Drawing Register
• Ensure effective administration of drawings as per procedure in Job Files
• Maintain the design diary as jobs progress through to completion
• Maintain strong lines of communication between departments for contract/design progress
• Liaise internally with order Production Manager, Buyers, Order Processors and Contracts Managers on scheme specific issues
• Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required in order to fulfil the aims and objectives
• Ability to understand architectural drawings
• Understanding of Building Regulations, British standards /European Norms & Construction
• Understanding of Fenestration products in Aluminium & uPVC
• Ability to identify any issues that could affect the construction of the system
• Practical understanding of how things go together.
• Ability to work with a concept and draw into a working detail whilst satisfying architects requirements
• Ability to provide a buildable system that is also within budget
• Ability to work on multiple projects whilst maintaining good customer communication
• Ability to work to deadlines, budget and keeping the customer satisfied
• Ability to deal with short timescales and work under pressure
For more information or to apply for this role contact Emma Allen on 01543 897800 quoting reference MM447.