£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
A well established manufacturer and installer of uPVC window and door products, with an excellent reputation is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to conduct servicing of machinery and put together a preventative maintenance plan.
Duties will include:
• Develop, implement, monitor, review and sustain an effective PPM (planned preventative maintenance programme) which provides for continual development and improvement of equipment (working outside of normal hours may be required in order for production to not be affected).
• Responding to breakdowns and equipment faults in a timely manner, and carrying out diagnosis and any necessary repairs quickly and efficiently to ensure impact to production is kept to a minimum
• To participate in the selection of plant and machinery and provide technical input where required
• To be involved in and oversee machine installations, removals and relocations
• Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC’s)
• Organise and manage (including the supervision of) external contractors
• Develop good working relationships both internally and externally
• Work closely with production to ensure machine performance levels are achieved
• Monitor and control stock levels (e.g. parts)
• To provide management and ad-hoc reports as and when required
Applicants are required to possess a professional Mechanical Engineering qualification.
For more information, contact us on 01543 897 800 quoting ref MM1628