£30,000 Per Annum
My client is a very successful family run business, who have been a leading manufacturer of high quality windows, doors, doorsets, wall panelling and bespoke joinery, since the early 20th century. They are currently looking for Production Project Managers to be based out of their offices in South Yorkshire.
- Use works order documents and Contract planning schedule to allocate work between the contract planners. Ensure all relevant documents are available.
- To look at continually improving efficiency of workflow.
- Set targets and ensure they are met where possible.
- Ensure training needs are met and all planners are competent in all relevant processes.
- Communicate any resource requirements or system improvements needed to Managing Director/Financial Director.
- Attend all production meetings and order review meetings -
- Provide information on the progress and status of works orders to ensure plans are realistic and accurate.
- Help to ensure issue to shop floor dates are met.
- Ensure necessary work instructions for contract planning processes are up to date and carried out correctly.
- Where work instructions need updating, report changes to systems manager who will update and re-issue them.
- Ensure Global assessments and all amendments to them are communicated to all planners. Ensure all external requirements are met during the planning process - Q Mark, FSC, ISO 9001 etc.
- Ensure all contract planners carry out their planning responsibilities (as listed below) correctly and in accordance with company processes and policies.
- Ensure schedules are produced correctly with all relevant information and that information is clear for the shop floor.
- Check joinery and door schedules are correct, achievable and include enough information for the operators to carry out work correctly.
- To raise issues and advise amendments to contract planners where necessary.
- Ensure Purchase orders are processed correctly and all materials are ordered in compliance to company systems. Ensure product codes are added as required.
- Process delivery notes correctly and ensure they are signed off in a timely manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Computer literate - with a solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, with particular reference to Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of doorsets / joinery essential.
Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
For more information or to apply for this role contact Sarah on or 01543 897800, quoting reference number MM395.