£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
We have an exciting opportunity to join a market leader as a Project Engineer. Our client specialises in delivering quality design led hardware for the UK uPVC, timber and aluminium window and door market.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Generate a broad range of documentation including data sheets for internal and external use using CAD, Inventor 2D-3D package
- Technical liaison with customers including covering the telephone technical support line.
- Generation of application drawings for new products and new applications for existing products.
- Project management of allocated engineering tasks.
- Use of manufacturing system to carry out enquiries and to set up new parts.
- Generate and modify on the CTO system (configure to order).
- Provide product training as required.
- Manage the technical support documentation on the internal company intranet.
- Ensuring that Project Files for all allocated projects are current and kept in good order.
- Conduct a range of testing and prototyping
- Undertaking special projects as directed by the Technical Manager.
- Conducting investigations into product or manufacturing performance issues when necessary.
- Building test window samples, general workshop duties.
Candidates must have excellent knowledge of AutoCAD 2D-3D, Inventor (or similar 2D or 3D CAD packages). Have the ability to read engineering drawings and possess a good understanding of engineering. Be an excellent communicator especially on the telephone and be competent at IT on Word, Excel and Outlook. Sage Line 500 (or similar). A good administrator with sound organisational skills are essential.
Candidates must be comfortable in taking on cycle and security testing, using a range of test equipment and power tools, supporting other Technical Services team members when workloads dictate. An engineering qualification, desk top publishing and 12 months working in a similar position are desirable.
For more information or to apply for this role contact Emma Allen on 01543 897800 quoting reference number MM351.