Salary:£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Our client, based in Gloucester, are the UK's leading distributor of glazing products and window ancillaries to the fenestration sector. They have an exciting opportunity within their design team for a Project Design Engineer.
- Assist the technical team in development of new and existing products and services in accordance with internal procedures
- Working closely with technical and sales teams to help understand the market requirements.
- Undertake feasibility studies of the product ideas and a concepts identified and evaluate potential thoroughly
- Provide product verification of components to the required industry legislation
- Complete technical writing, guidance and supporting documents for new and existing product in clear and consistent format for use by customers, suppliers & staff.
- Creation and control of 2D technical drawings and 3D models within SolidWorks, in accordance with internal procedures
- Creation of technical specification documents
- Assist with product manufacturing, verification and testing as required
- Provide technical customer support as required.
- Experience of product development process from start to finish
- Experienced user of SolidWorks & AutoCAD in a product development environment
- Understanding of extrusion, injection moulding manufacturing process
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Ability to work alone, with own initiative and within team environment
- Detail oriented and methodical
- Be adaptable, co-operative and have willingness to teach and learn
If you are interested in applying, please contact Mat Gibson quoting reference MM3613.