Salary:£55,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Chase Taylor Recruitment are currently working with a UK leading window and door company based in Essex who are looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team. The right candidate will have experience working on a refurbishment projects on social housing.
- Assisting the project team in the pricing, recording and accounting for variations across multiple projects.
- Managing the handover from the estimator of financial information.
- Agreeing package composition, setting and overseeing buying targets.
- Directing the rebid process/pursuing commercial package negotiations.
- Preparing and maintaining cash flow forecasts, CVRs, progress report financials.
- Monitor and control materials and sundries purchase, negotiate rates, terms and place orders for major materials packages.
- Responsibility for payment schedule, monthly valuations with PQS, monthly valuations with subcontractors and invoice sign-off.
- Maintaining VO schedule, ensuring prompt agreement with all relevant parties and highlighting risks to the project programme.
- Have a relevant degree-level qualification and direct QS experience
- Strong practical, logical, and methodical approach to thinking and problem-solving
- Knowledge of building regulations
- Be able to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Proven experience in managing building costs.
- Experience in working with contractors and negotiating contracts to requirements.
- Experience in health and safety management.
- Experience in managing and monitoring a budget and providing required reports.
- Knowledge of the fenestration/window and door sector
If you are an experienced Quantity Surveyor and would like to find out more, please contact Martyn at Chase Taylor Recruitment and quote reference number MM3429.