Doors, PVC – U
£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Chase Taylor Recruitment are currently working on an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager within the Windows and Doors / Fenestration industry. This company is an experienced manufacturer of high-quality composite doors, uPVC external door panels, uPVC internal doors and bespoke plastic extrusions.
- To develop a range of company products which support strategic growth, brand development and diversification, while ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- To represent the business through recognised governing bodies and forums that offer a platform to shape and influence our business.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership aimed at developing a highly capable and proactive team focussed on delivering CPD and NPI projects on time and to a high professional standard.
- To inform, motivate and inspire your direct team, peers, and colleagues to achieve the business objectives in line with the strategic vision.
- To manage the New Product Introduction and Continuous Product Development process.
- Develop NPI design briefs in partnership with Sales and Marketing.
- Develop CPD proposals in partnership with all key stakeholders.
- Develop design solutions, subject to suitable assessment criteria, in line with the design brief.
- Work with Purchasing to produce a fully costed BOM for the proposed solution.
- Introduce structured design sign off with all key stakeholders, following prototype build, testing and assessment.
- Produce a detailed product specification document, managed through controlled release to all key stakeholders.
- Take ownership for first off builds through the entire business process, ensuring the product design has fulfilled the project brief in full.
- Represent the business on various technical committees and forums that best place us to influence legislation and our business sector.
- Liaise with all staff throughout the organisation to ensure that the business management systems are functioning properly as defined in the company procedures and manuals.
- Drive performance improvement through management of KPI’s.
- Make sure that the manufacturing processes meet the UK national standards where applicable, and if required international standards.
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures.
- Support required growth through resource management and recruitment as necessary.
- Educated to degree level in a related subject.
- Experience in a related industry preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management position.
- Competent use of CAD or similar drafting software.
- Prince 2 practitioner or similar would be an advantage.
- Private Healthcare
- Health Cash Plan
For more information about this role contact Chase Taylor Recruitment quoting reference MM2922.