£30,000 Per Annum
We are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to join a specialist window and door hardware company based in the West Midlands.
Candidates will ensure all documentation is up-to-date and complies to British Standards, monitor and schedule work based on strategic priorities. To be involved in Product development and continuous improvement of existing products. Set up and carry out testing methods and validation of new and existing product ranges.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
• Implement an improve document control procedure.
• Manage and maintain engineering document controls.
• Manage and maintain project folders to ensure all agreed documents are recorded.
• Maintain test equipment, in line with British Standards.
• Manage and maintain technical product documentation.
• Creation of new technical product installation guides (Fabrication Manuals).
• Working with the quality department, retain records and controls on product first offs.
• Manage control of drawings in production.
• Create and maintain, Technical Instruction Sheets (TIS) for the control of assembly in production.
• Manage and maintain Patents and Trademarks for Cotswold Products and manage costs and budgets.
• Provide line management, supervision and support to the Applications Engineer, including coaching where necessary and regular performance reviews.
• Manage product lifecycles.
• Conduct Product Request & New Product Design when required.
• Provide customer support.
• Set up and carry out testing methods and validation of new and existing product ranges.
• When required look at all aspects of the company's product development and continuous improvement of existing products.
Candidates must hold a HNC in Engineering or equivalent experience, have basic competency in CAD packages and MS Office software with the ability to read and produce engineering drawings.
For more information contact Mat on 01543 897800 quoting reference MM351