Aluminium / Curtain walling / Facades / Metal, Doors, Windows
£35,000 Per Annum
A major fenestration industry employer are currently recruiting for an experienced Value Engineer to join their existing team in the South East of England.
To identify value engineering opportunities and realise cost benefits by application of best value system and bespoke solutions, the reduction of material waste and the optimisation of company software.
Key tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Initial assessment of enquiries, provide brief for Business Development Manager (BDM) where further information is required.
- Prioritise target projects, capacity plan and clearly identify return dates.
- Technically and commercially critique project enquiries to provide best value solution.
- Produce material estimates for new customer in accordance with support level agreement.
- Obtain validation of proposals from relevant technical and/or commercial resources.
- Qualify the scope and extent of estimates and VE proposals, for submission by BDM.
- Register and report on the progress of submissions within the project pipeline.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and cross-functional work groups as appropriate
Candidates must be an advanced level user of Auto CAD, Inventor or similar 2D/3D estimating software with design, engineering and fabrication experience. Project management or material co-ordination skills are essential along with strong commercial awareness and interpersonal skills. Potential candidates must have the ability to prepare concise and accurate project submissions and hold a full clean UK driving licence. Comprehensive understanding of structural principles and building physics would be desirable, as well as detailed knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements and construction industry contracting or façade experience.
For more information or to apply for this role contact Sarah on 01543 897800 quoting reference MM523.